Tuesday, August 9, 2016

Pastry Run 6: Fantoast’s枫多士the Rectangle Series

Let’s Toast till the end for Fantoast has more in store for us. If you are not familiar with this café, I suggest visiting Pastry Run 3 just to give you a sneak preview.

Rectangle Toast # 1: Truffle Toast
Visual: Mirror, mirror on the wall, who is the most exquisite of them all? Gosh, would you look at it, its appearance already spells rarity as it reminds me of a white tiger.


Taste: It makes use of truffle oil, making it the most expensive one in the menu despite its not so filling appearance. While not a fan of threesomes personally but if it is among cream, bread and truffle then I am all up for that! In the box series, I mentioned that Fantoast successfully makes cream and toasts that are perfect match for each other. Let me make an exemption to that. This white tiger transcends that perfect marriage between the cream and the toast, as it welcomes the royal presence of truffle, serving to enhance the flavors rather than causing chaos.

Rectangular Toast # 2: Peanut Butter Banana Toast

Visual: While not exactly rectangular in shape, the peanut butter toast is one of those flavors that are able to successfully penetrate the oriental palate. They are a nation who is very fond of nuts that you can regularly see shops and stalls built solely to sell nuts.


Similar to the triangle series, this is the rectangle's version of a simple toast if you want to take a break from all the fancy toasts and just stick to the classic. Nevertheless, it still is a class of its own when compared with the standard peanut butter banana toasts, given the generous serving of all its components: the bread is composed of two slices stuck together that serves as a bedding and spread with an equally thick layer of peanut butter, crowned with two layers of thick banana slices. The generous serving is already tantamount for it to be deemed a mouth-watering treat, despite the simplicity.



Taste: Bread is surprisingly not good. I was expecting it to be of the same caliber as per their usual toasts but I think the error was in the width. The box, triangle and other rectangular toasts are sliced into smaller parts, giving equal opportunity for the parts to be toasted perfectly even if the slices are thick, it did not lose the crispiness that spells the difference between a good toast and a bad one. This one, however, is toasted as a whole which made it difficult for the heat to penetrate the inner layers, causing it to be rough and dry despite the outer skin being crisp.

Peanut butter and banana is always never a bad idea --- perhaps the only redeeming qualities of this toast. Other than that, just enjoy the treat for what it is






As I was finishing my peanut butter toast with my mind and sight absently wandering around my surroundings, my glance happened to linger long on a very colorful teapot.
                                               
Not even giving myself a chance to dwell, I called the server and pointed to the seemingly refreshing orange drink that my neighboring table seems to be enjoying so much and I did not regret doing so after several sips.
                                          

I did not enjoy the first sip as it tasted weird given the froth from the meat of the apple intermixing with the drink. There is also another fruit in the mix that is responsible for the sour taste. Eventually, I got used to it after drinking several sips and I understood why it is a popular warming drink inside the cafe. It possesses a thickness in the fruity sense making it a pure drink that seems heavy, but is actually light to the senses.
                                                                                           
Sip after sip and you will eventually discover an aromatic flavor emitting from the juice, making you appreciate the taste more. It just felt weird at first because we are so used to drinking concentrated juices that when faced with purity, we are kind of overwhelmed.

The Final Rectangle: Strawberry Toast

Visual: My Gosh!!! You are one fine piece of specimen. No wonder, you become my official Google+ profile picture. You are far by the best one I have ever encountered not only in this shop but in the entire pastry world.

To tell the truth, I was not expecting no more than the usual designer toasts but when this was presented in front of me, I almost did not want to touch it for wanting to preserve the design. I treat it as an object to be revered rather than as something to be eaten. And I call it my very own "Lady in Red". Men, look at those dazzling bread layers situated on top of each other, giving this toast a curvaceous figure
                                                 `                                                                                     

Taste: Not much difference compared with its fellow toasts from the fruit and creams combination to the mini toasts housed inside. The ice cream is apparently still vanilla which was just coated with red colored chocolate. It still tasted good but I was anticipating to taste strawberry flavored ice cream. I guess using strawberry ice cream would not have as much of that "red hot" impact as compared to a red dip and for that, I applaud the creative input of the maker.


This caps off the Fantoastic experience. I was waiting for the right moment to share this to the world and finally done and over with it. To revisit the experiences: here are the links:


If you have any questions about this fan-bulous place, do not hesitate to message me.

No comments :

Post a Comment