Saturday, June 18, 2016

Cake Run 1: Polka Dot Bakeshop

During one of my cake runs, I happen to spot a Polka Dotted kiosk in the middle of the hallway. Normally, I would just spare it a moments glance until of course, I saw that it sells my favorite confection. As a shopper, I am not the impulsive type, so it took me my 3rd trip before I actually indulged.


Cake Number 1: Velvetique: My 1st Choice as I was in the mood for red velvets at that time;-P



Visual: Design-wise is just like any ordinary red velvet with reds and whites blending in. What sets it apart is the taste as usually red velvets are quite sweet. I usually would not eat a second serving or another slice of cake when I eat this dessert, but after finishing a slice, I was still able to enjoy the Chocolate Decadence.

Taste: Light Creamy and not too sweet. The cream in between makes it less bland and not just pure red bread.



Cake Number 2: Chocolate Decadence
Visual: I love that instead of cream, a sort of caramel frosting was used to sandwich the layers and add seduction to its otherwise black tough exterior



It tasted really good but it is not the best I have tried so far. I give it heads up for the inside is not dry and the cream complements the taste of the breading.

       


Cake Number 3: Coffee Toffee Sansrival
Visual Design is too attractive to pass on so I bought one. If only its color were to be white, this cake reminds me of a wedding veil topped with beads.

Tastes like your typical sansrival but the exterior creaminess is what sets it apart from other sansrivals in the market. The brown cream frosting blends well with the flaky layers.  Ohh and the nuts, they may seem trivial vision-wise but they do add value to the taste as it contradicts the overpowering sweetness.


Hope this post gave you guys a good vibe this wonderful Saturday. Feel free to comment and share your thoughts.

No comments :

Post a Comment