Thursday, June 30, 2016

Cake Run 10: Love Desserts: Unlimited Desserts Part 3

Welcome to the last of the 3 part series of Love Desserts. It would not be fair if I just featured cakes when the shop has so much more to offer than just that. So here goes nothing.

Dessert Number 1: Black Forest Roll
Visual: Let me catch my breath. This one is quite the sensory overload. It reminds me of a dark tunnel on a snowy day. At the same time, it also reminds me of a mountain wherein the trees have its stems untrimmed and the roots scattered everywhere like a dangerous place for skiers. It is only the red cherry on top that snapped me back to reality that this is dessert treat and not some unknown wilderness that will suck you in with all that swirling darkness.

Taste: Yummy indeed but could have been better. The bread is ordinary tasting but at least it is not dry. Given its black complexion, I expected to taste even just a flavorful of chocolate. The snowy cream and the chocolate flakes kind of made up for the entire taste of the cake. Eaten separately, the chocolate flakes do not taste much but coupled with the cream, they somehow complemented and amplified the taste of each other. The taste reminded me of milk chocolate and how that is my type.

Dessert Number 2: Shot Glass Desserts
We actually have to search for the name of this dessert as we are getting frustrated describing and explaining which dessert treat we are referring to.

                                     “Please get me one of those in the small cup.”
                                                “What cup? The cupcake?”

                                                     You get the point.

Visual: Reminds me of little princesses. Absolutely adorable! Should I go for the red, the yellow or the golden one? Whatever you decide your highness, as long as you maintain your dress white and pristine as a pure soul. Sorry, cannot help but gush.

Taste: As a princess, you are not satisfied with just one but you just have to try them all or if you are into Pokemon, why not catch them all?
The red one is berry but it is artificial so I did not favor it much. If it were not for the cream, I would not have finished it because as much as I am into sweets, I do not fancy eating pure artificial sweets.

The yellow one is mango which I surprisingly liked because I am usually biased when it comes to mangoes. Living in a tropical country where mangoes can already pass as mango ice cream, my standards for this fruit are already at the critical level. I do not really fancy wherein mangoes are literally sugarcoated in mousses or cakes but this one kind of surprised me. I think it has something to do with the mango bits floating on the pudding instead of being submerged into the entire mousse. The mango bits used are of the natural type and the one I usually eat here in my country.

The gold one is quite disappointing to say the least. The graham on top is already soggy and if you do not know what graham tastes like, you will not be able to know it by eating this one. Cream is so-so. Even with the swirl of chocolate encircling the cream, I did not taste anything more than just cream.

Dessert Number 3: Rainbow Cake

Visual: Flamboyant! It can be the official cake of the Pride. It was the first one I have noticed when I visited the buffet table. However, appearance is not everything. I have a certain bias for super colorful desserts that these are usually made of artificial coloring or colored sugar or worst, both. Plus, how can cream be blue? It however is visually appealing so when I did not take a slice, chances are some of my friends would get and true enough, there it is on the plate beside mine and even across mine. 


Taste: And Yes. I ended up taking a bite. Different from what I expected. By the way this is actually the first time I ate a Rainbow Cake given my bias against multi-colored sweets. I expected it to be super sweet with each layer of flavoring fighting for dominance which would just end up chaotically on my taste buds.

So it was not sweet but it is surprisingly bland. I mean it tastes just like your regular cake bread. The sky blue cream also tastes like regular cream. In essence it is just regular cake bread covered with regular cream and somebody was given crayons to color them.
I’m not really in the authority to judge whether this cake is good or not since this is my first time but it definitely awakened my desire to try on a rainbow cake the next time I see one. Who knows I might find the one wherein the taste is a perfect representation of its appealing appearance.

I meant for this post to be humorous to give you guys a boost this lovely Sunday evening in preparation for Monday.

Since the unlimited dessert is quite an experience, I divided the posts into three (3) parts. You may click on the links below for Parts 1 and 2:

Cake Run 8: Love Desserts: Your Unlimited Source of Cakes and other Desserts Part 1
Cake Run 9: Love Desserts: Unlimited Cakes Part 2

Thoughts? Feel free to post a comment below.

No comments :

Post a Comment