Tuesday, June 28, 2016

Cake Run 9: Love Desserts: Unlimited Cakes Part 2

Welcome to the second part of Love Desserts, your unlimited source of cakes and other desserts. For this entry, I will be doing my usual review of my other romance which are cakes. So let us proceed with our 3 contestants.

Cake Number 1: Cheesecake

Visual: A true sight for sore eyes. Look at how white and creamy this cake is as it is being topped and bottomed by two browns, adding further to its allure. The top brown which are your walnuts are held together by caramel sauce to the point that my tongue is already enjoying the anticipation of biting into this treat.
Taste: Finally, the long wait has come to an end. If you would consider the less than a minute walk from the buffet table to our seating area, a long wait.

First bite and it tastes the way it looks like. Creamy and Alluring that once I finished, I have to get another slice even when I vowed not to get a second serving of the same viand so that I can try everything on the buffet table.

I did not bother separating the layers as I usually do since this cake barely has any save for the dark brown cheese crust below and the white cheesecake itself. All I can say is that the taste did justice to its looks.

Cake Number 2: Mango Cream
Visual: Appealing yes but not that different from how other mango cream cakes look like. It is topped with mango slices and cherry bits covered by gelatin, giving it an illusion of looking through a glass which reminds me of a frozen lake. Surrounded by whip cream at the top and at the bottom layer, made me gave it a chance to try it out since I kind of have a soft spot for creams if you noticed on my posts. Cream plays a heavy role when I judge cakes:)
Taste: Nothing special but yes, it is creamy and reminds me of the mango cream pie that my mom usually buys from Red Ribbon when I was a child. Although it is worth mentioning that the cake itself has a soft texture with a zest of mango flavor. It is something unique about this dessert whereas the usual mango cream I have tasted are either you taste mango or you taste cream but not a combination of both.

Cake Number 3: Bread Pudding

Visual: Initially, I did not really plan on taking a slice but outer coating reminds me of Nutella and that basically sealed the deal for me.

Compared to other cakes served on the buffet table, its appearance pales in comparison and is easily negligible. However, despite its less colorful physique, I still took out my camera and gave it the same celebrity shot I usually give my other cakes.
Taste: Surprisingly good and satisfying. It is yummy yes but does not wow you immediately. You would only get to appreciate its beautiful taste when you savor it slowly. I recommend eating this one slowly and preferably, layer by layer. Reason is because it is made of several layers of thin crepe which have chocolate spread on them so as to make the layers stick together. The chocolate spread apparently is not only limited to the external coating but also evenly distribute across the pudding’s multi layered design.

If you just eat it all at the same time, your palate will just get confused or worst, label it as a bland tasting treat. This was actually my first impression when I had my first bite but since I am into separating cakes, pastries, sandwiches etc into layers when eating them, I discovered a new perspective and a better way of eating this pudding. A pity though that not everyone had the same discovery as mine, judging from the slow refill rate it has in comparison with the other cakes, for the pudding has so much hidden potential; but I guess that is how it is in life. You cannot expect people to take time and unravel your hidden talent, you have to be the aggressive one and make sure that you stand out among the cheesecakes and the mango creams out there. Okay, Lyndsay enough with the drama;)

Since the unlimited dessert is quite an experience, I divided the posts into three (3) parts. You may click on the links below for Parts 1 and 3:

Cake Run 8: Love Desserts: Your Unlimited Source of Cakes and other Desserts Part 1
Cake Run 10: Love Desserts: Unlimited Desserts Part 3

Thoughts? Feel free to share them this Lovely Tuesday Evening. If you feel like philosophizing just like I did in the last sentence, go ahead and share or e-mail me at ultimatelyndsay@gmail.com

No comments :

Post a Comment