Thursday, July 28, 2016

Cake Run 20: Aristocrat’s Black Forest

Welcome to the 20th episode of Cake Run. Wow, this is like my 3rd cake visit at Aristocrat. They just offer so many selections that one cannot help but “attempt” to try them all out. No sweat though, fellow cake runners, for I will always ensure that I feature a different cake or a different experience per entry. God help me if I feature a cake from a certain bakeshop twice.

While the featured cake for the day is something we are all quite familiar. The taste and methodology of baking and choice of ingredients varies per baker. Having the pleasure of tasting different Black Forest Cakes throughout the years, none so far tasted or even looked exactly the same as another. Eating Black Forest feels like a new experience each time.

Visual: Camping Site. It looks like a clearing in the middle of the forest surrounded by white tents with the chocolate cylinders serving as piled wooden logs. The campers must had a field day traversing the wilderness with no clear walking ground as it is littered with woods and rocks that looks to be dangerous and is not recommended for inexperienced campers.

Taste: Good and surprisingly not sweet! It has the right mixture of cream and breading that the taste blends perfectly well. You get to taste the classic Black Forest which is composed of cherries, chocolate bits, chocolate bread and the goodness of the white cream (drools). I am already left wanting just by writing about it. Usually, I am not in the mood for another cake for two consecutive days; there has to be at least one (1) day of spacing in between but for this one, I am starting to consider treating myself again despite having my cake fix yesterday.

I am already happily satisfied that Aristocrat, surprisingly was able to pull off a successful Black Forest. I was already expecting it to be good but also sweet and heavy which is the usual case for most of their cakes but this one turned out, different and amazingly so.



Just when I thought that I have been surprised enough, the white cream that makes up half of the built of this cake takes on a slight different form as you dwell inside the layers. It has a sort of pinkish hue left by juices from the cherry giving it a fruity flavor. What better way to conclude a perfect cake by adding more perfection in it.




Have a Cherri-ful Day!  Feel free to share your comments and insights.

No comments :

Post a Comment